Tummy exercises help us to shave off that little bit of flab that makes such a difference to how we look in pants and skirts. That little bit that is so darned hard to shift. It would seem that no matter who you are, at some time or another you are going to be looking for tummy exercises.
are important and so often it is that extra bulge around the middle that is the sticking point.
Even if youre on a weight loss program or a fitness regime it seems that extra in the middle is the last to go. Tummy exercises are great when you absolutely have to get into that dress or pant suit for the big event. The good news is that exercise works, the bad news is that you have to keep at it!
However that said, it is worth the effort and a few simple exercises could be the answer to your problem.
This simple exercise is not so much for toning or losing flab, but can be used to help relieve tummy pain and period pains.
- Lie flat on your bed or sit upright in a comfortable chair and place your right hand over your navel.
- Rub in a circular motion, clockwise in widening circles, until you reach your rib cage.
- Pause then rub anti clockwise in decreasing circles back to the navel.
If you do these exercises for two or three minutes in the morning and again in the evening, it can also help to stimulate bowel movement.
Tummy Exercises 1
- Lie on the floor and rest your feet on a chair or a stool.
- Cross your arms over your chest.
- Take a deep breath then tighten your stomach muscles towards your back.
- Breathe out slowly as you raise your upper body from the floor towards your knees.
- It doesnt matter if you do not get very far, just feel your stomach muscles working.
- Breathe in as you roll back down.
- Repeat, building to 10
Tummy Exercises 2
- Lie on the floor
- Spread your arms at the side to shoulder level.
- Keeping your shoulders and arms o the floor, bring your right knee up towards your chest, while you roll your head to the right.
- Breath in and tighten your stomach muscles.
- Breath out as you slowly roll your right knee and hips towards the floor on your left side.
- Go only as far as comfort allows
- Breath out as you roll slowly back to your starting position.
- Lower your leg to the floor and relax.
- Now do the same with your left leg, rolling to your right as your head goes to the left.
Tummy Exercises 3
- For this exercise you will need to stand at a bar or facing the back of a chair for support at waist height.
- Stand with feet together and place your hands on the support.
- Breathe out and tighten your stomach and buttocks.
- Slowly raise your body onto tip toe.
- Hold this position as you count to 5 while taking a deep breath.
- Breathe out as you slowly lower your body down to a squat position.
- Hold this position as you breathe in to the count of five.
- Breathe out as you raise yourself to the standing position and relax.
- Keep your back as straight as possible while doing this exercise.
Tummy Exercises 4
- Stand with your hands resting on your knees, allowing your legs to bend.
- Breathe out sharply and hold.
- Suck your stomach muscles in and up
- Relax your stomach muscles then suck them in and up again.
- Do this 2 or 3 times, until you need to take a breath.
- Relax, catch your breath, then repeat.
Tummy Exercises 5
- Lie on the floor with a pillow under your lower back for protection.
- With your ankles together raise your legs into the air.
- Tighten your stomach muscles and squeeze your buttocks.
- Breathe in as you slowly spread your legs outwards.
- Hold for a count of 3
- Breathe out as you slowly bring your legs together.
- Repeat 5 times then lower your legs to the ground and relax.
Start Slowly As with all exercises, they should be started with low numbers gradually increasing as you strengthen your muscles. Regular routines, once or twice a day are better than spasmodic lengthy sessions. You should do a few warm ups before you start on your exercises. Just a few stretches and movements not only to warm the muscles, but also to get your blood flowing.
Do tummy exercises in comfortable clothes and with plenty of ventilation, and remember “If there’s pain, what’s the gain?”
If you liked these tummy exercises, here are some other exercises you may enjoy.
Breast Exercises Its important to understand that the breast itself has no muscle but is actually supported by the muscles in the shoulders back and chest.
Double Chin Exercises Before we start on the double chin exercises, it is a terrible truth but the double chin is due to fat deposits. The chin is just another handy place for the body to store fat.
Eye Exercises If we exercise our eyes on a regular basis its possible to retard the onset of diminishing eye sight by several years.
Breathing Properly Breathing properly comes quite naturally to an infant but after about a year most people acquire different habits that changes their breathing pattern as they age.
Benefits of Walking The benefits of walking will give us the three universal goals most of us share: to live longer, to live free of illness and to control our weight.
Brain Exercises Scientific studies of the brain have produced more and more evidence
to support the theory that brain exercises can help to keep our brain in good shape as we age. Its a fact that we are living longer and while most people can cope with an aging body, losing brain function is something we fear and dread.
Healthy Lifestyle Exercises For more information on the benefits of exercise and some exercises that are all about a healthy lifestyle.
Benefits of Exercise Back to the home page of exercise.